Disclosure: I received a free 2 oz. bottle of Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Vanilla to make an ice cream recipe and share about it on my blog. I am a long time fan of their high quality, premium products and jumped at the chance to feature them on my blog. They are also providing a second bottle as a giveaway for one of you
July is National Ice Cream month! A fun way to celebrate is by making your own delicious homemade ice cream. Here is an easy to make, no cook recipe for Strawberry Ice cream that the kids can help with too.
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, washed, hulled and quartered
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Pure Vanilla Extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups Half and Half
- 1 cup 2% milk
- In a 4 quart glass measuring cup, add berries, sugar, vanilla extract, and salt. Smash with a potato masher; stir in Half and Half and milk; set aside.
- Assemble ice cream maker. Turn ice cream maker on and pour ice cream mixture into frozen container. Let mix until ice cream thickens, about 20-30 minutes.
- You can eat it right away if you like a softer texture. For a firmer texture you can freeze it for a few hours or overnight in an airtight container. Yields 1.5 Quarts.
- I used the KitchenAid ice cream bowl stand mixer attachment with my KitchenAid stand mixer.
You can learn more about Nielsen-Massey on their Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/NielsenMasseyVanillas and on Twitter https://twitter.com/NielsenMassey. Their website also features product information and additional recipes.
And here’s a giveaway for you! Nielsen-Massey is sending one of you lucky readers a 2 oz. bottle of Pure Madagascar Vanilla.
Enter below and good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Hope everyone has a Safe and Happy Fourth of July weekend!