The theme for this week’s Link Up is Spring Forward.
Here are the five reasons I’m excited to turn the clocks ahead on Sunday and head into spring:
1. Weather – Running outside in the PNW in winter can be just gray, nasty and awful. Now instead of icy cold rain, the rain will be warmer Plus we’ll thankfully have more sunshine.
2. More daylight! – I can run outside in the evenings again instead of running on the treadmill.
3. Flowers – So excited to see the tulips and daffodils bloom again. Tulips have been my favorite flowers since I was very little. We try to go to the Wooden Shoe Tulip Festival in Woodburn, OR every year. They have acres of tulips in so many varieties and colors.
4. Half marathons - I have recently ended a nice 4 month long rest break from training. I’m coming out of the break feeling renewed and refreshed. Excited to see what I can do! My first race of the year is the Rock ‘n’Roll Half – Portland on May 18th, 2014.
Not like I’m counting or anything
5. Hiking – Spring is one of my favorite times of year to hike. Here in Oregon, we have so many lovely, green and scenic places to explore.
Thanks to Courtney @ Eat Pray Run, DC, Cynthia @ You Signed up for What?!, and Mar @ Mar on the Run for hosting this awesome link up!